Earth Day Series Part 1: Why We Need To Stop Fast Fashion.Ever wonder where clothes go when they don't sell or after you donate them? One of several industry dump sites is the Atacama Desert in Chile but dumping is one of several ways the fast fashion industry is polluting our planet. According to earth.org
1. Fashion industries create more CO2 than aviation and shipping combined.
2. Over $500 billion lost every year due to lack of recycling.
3. It also generates 20% of world waist water from dying textiles.
4. There are 92 million tons of clothing waist discarded every year and end up in dumps like the one in Chile.
5. This all contributes to a half million tons of microplastics generated.
To learn more visit https://earth.org/data_visualization/the-9-biggest-fast-fashion-statistics/
Coming soon: how we can reduce our fashion waist.